What Should Be Considered While Selecting Cat Food?
The Importance of Food for Cats
Food is the one of the most significant point to every living creature to live a healty life. Cats, which have regularly high quality food, will have a softer hair and more vivid and bright eyes. Feeding on low quality and unsavory food, could make cats feel insecure and grumpy. Therefore, matters such as food type, whether your cat is suitable for the age range and certain hour intervals are very important in cat care. Therefore, some points have significant role in cat care such as food type, if suitable your cat age range, and feeding time intervals. Thats why we would like to share some information to help for selecting proper food for our lovely firends.
First of all, while buying cat food, the characteristics of the cat to be fed should be known. These features are the age of the cat, breed, whether it is infertail or not.
• Age characteristics should be taken into consideration when selecting food.
Cats, like other creatures, need different foods at different ages. For kittens, food with less protein should be preferred, and adult cats should have higher protein content. What should be considered when choosing cat food is the most important answer to the problem because the protein rate is found in kittens and getting more will be harmful for them.
• Consider the cat's weight in the choice of food. It will be beneficial to turn to dietary food for cats whose weight is higher than the age, you should prefer nutritious and high vitamin foods for thin cats.
• Food produced specifically for infertiled cats: because of loosing functions of some hormones, preferring specially produced foods should be better for them.
• The carbohydrate ratio should be low: Cats should be avoid to eat high carbohydrates food. This is the second significant answer for selecting right type of food. High-carb products causes obesity and fat for home cats because of their less moving life style.
• Minerals and vitamins required in food ingridient: Selecting wealty nutrient-containing foods which includes, magnesium for the nervous system, sodium for the Ph balance of your body, vitamin D for energy and calcium balance, and phosphorus for the immune system will be beneficial for our little friends health.
• Foods to be avoided: Food and drinks with alcohol content can put the cat in a coma. Grapes and raisins can cause kidney hazards. Chocolate and sugar ingredients can cause various heart problems in cats.